New Marketo instance, DKIM issues. | Community
Skip to main content
Sep 27, 2017 4:08 PM UTC
Solved

New Marketo instance, DKIM issues.

We are in a transitional phase from one CRM to another and because of this we are getting a new Marketo instance. We have a transitional month to get everything set and settled from the old instance to the new, but during that month we want to send emails from the new instance and slowly stop all all ongoing emails in the old.

The problem is our DKIM Status. Our Host record is the same, but the TXT value is different on our current Marketo compared to the new. Our IT support says we can only use one of the TXT values. Because of this our DKIM status is pending in the new instance.

Does anyone else have experience with having two different Marketo instances up and setting up different?

How did you set up your DKIM?

Should we still send emails from our new Marketo instance when DKIM is pending configuration?

This post is no longer active and is closed to new replies. Need help? Start a new post to ask your question.
Steven_Vanderb3
Steven_Vanderb3Accepted solution
Level 9
Sep 27, 2017 4:14 PM UTC

I would suggest filing a Support ticket explaining you're going through a transition to a new instance.  We can configure your DKIM TXT value on your current instance be copied over to your new instance so you wont need to make changes on your side.

5 replies

Josh_Hill13
Level 10
Sep 27, 2017 6:00 PM UTC

Steven's suggestion could work if Marketo Support will do this.

You should be able to have two DKIMs on your DNS record though.

Translate
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10
Sep 27, 2017 6:05 PM UTC

... only if Marketo offers another unique selector (not m1).

Translate
Steven_Vanderb3
Level 9
Sep 27, 2017 7:01 PM UTC

We will, at request

Translate
Steven_Vanderb3
Steven_Vanderb3Accepted solution
Level 9
Sep 27, 2017 4:14 PM UTC

I would suggest filing a Support ticket explaining you're going through a transition to a new instance.  We can configure your DKIM TXT value on your current instance be copied over to your new instance so you wont need to make changes on your side.

Translate
Sep 28, 2017 1:51 PM UTC

Created a ticket. Just waiting on a response. Thanks!

Translate